Nissan XTerra Forum banner

What have you done for your X today?

2M views 11K replies 1K participants last post by  mhamor 
#1 ·
Let's hear it! It should be an ongoing thread. Whatever you did, big or small!

Today, I:

Uploaded photos onto a USB, hooked it up to my HU, and put my fiancee as the screen saver. She is hot.

#9,356 ·
Replaced both +\- battery cable connectors...went to start the car after work and nada. Cheap 2 yr battery is 2 1/2 yrs old so I figured a new battery is in order. A guy jumped me and I headed to autozone to shop around (after driving around for 20 min or so). Turned it off, tried to restart and again, nada. The guy at autozone grabbed a battery to jump it and we discover the pos cable is loose. Turns out when I reconnected it to install a sub and amp this weekend, it broke a little, and by now it was cracked in half...swapped them both out and it started right up! Probably ought to get a new battery soon anyway, and might as well upgrade right...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#9,357 ·
Fixed fog lights that mysteriously stopped working after BL, and cranked the torsion bars a little

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#9,359 · (Edited)
I drained, then air blew out the motor oil at 155psi, then filled it up with WD-40 to loosen all the sludge, then drained it and did WD-40 again then blew it out again till it puored out clear.
Filled a super clean engine with Royal Purple.

Did timing belt + kit from Nissan, plugs, wires, air filter, flushed differentials and put Royal Purple gear lube and put in injector cleaner and full tank of gas with half gallon of 116 as an additive to boost the 87.

Bought Calmini 3"lift kit and polyurethane bushings for the body on frame replacements.

#9,361 ·
well over the past week oil pan gasket/seal rear main seal oil change(obviously) new trans fluid and filter and a fresh coat of wax along with a new air dam seal for wind deflector on roof rack

#9,362 ·
Today I got my X back from the shop, finally! I've only had it 3mos and was a bit upset that it was crapping out on me. $2200 and 1week later I have a new clutch and a new exhaust and TONS of new POWER!!!
it's valentines day and I'm in love with my truck again :)
I posted pix of the bits of catalytic converter they removed from my old exhaust
on my thread in repair questions...

#9,363 ·
I drained, then air blew out the motor oil at 155psi, then filled it up with WD-40 to loosen all the sludge, then drained it and did WD-40 again then blew it out again till it puored out clear.
Filled a super clean engine with Royal Purple.

Did timing belt + kit from Nissan, plugs, wires, air filter, flushed differentials and put Royal Purple gear lube and put in injector cleaner and full tank of gas with half gallon of 116 as an additive to boost the 87.

Bought Calmini 3"lift kit and polyurethane bushings for the body on frame replacements.
Treating your lady nice for Valentines day? haha my ol' girl would love a makeover to that extent. Shes about due.

#9,369 ·
I'm slapping a new hub assembly in the X today. It started grinding this week, and there is a lot of play in it. I have to get it ready for a spring break road trip on Tuesday night.