Nissan Xterra Forum - View Single Post - xterra or jeep liberty?
View Single Post
#98 Old 09-25-2009, 05:40 PM
LA RANA
Addict

2005 Xterra
LA RANA will become famous soon enough
Angry Oh I'm getting tired of this new Liberty vs. Xterra comparison, and I'll tell you why

Please stop comparing my X to a Liberty, it's like comparing Shakira to Opra Winfrey, which would be darn right insulting to Shakira! If this thread was comparing the Xterra OFFROAD to the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Toyota FJ Cruiser, or Hummer H3 Alpha I wouldn't get bent, but the friggin Liberty...you've got to be kidding!

You want a real stock vehicle comparision, this article http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...son/index.html is a real comparision by trhe most highly respected and neutral authority in the industry. After reading every word of it watch this video http://www.motortrend.com/av/roadtes...deo/index.html, and then maybe come back here and post something that makes sense.

Just so the noobs have some background on the second generation Xterra... Nissan completely redesigned the Xterra to launch the second generation in 2005 based on the F-Alpha fully boxed steel frame platform shared by the Frontier and Titan; the second generation is still the current body style of today's 2010 Xterra. The 2005 Xterra was enlarged to better accommodate the driver plus four passengers, increased the cargo space, added air bags, and best of all equipped all models with their new high output 4.0 liter V6 VQ40DE engine producing a roaring 265 hp. The second generation Xterra is available in the S, the Off-Road, and the SE, and the entry level X model was added in 2006. The X, S, and the Off-Road models come equipped with 16 inch wheels, and a 6-speed manual transmission or a 5-speed automatic transmission, while the SE comes with a only the 5-speed automatic transmission and 17 inch wheels. The Xterra Off-Road offers an electronic locker (aka 'Easy Button') in it's Dana 44 (variant) rear differential, Bilstein shocks, electronic vehicle decent control with the anti-lock brakes, hill start assist, vehicle dynamic control, skid plates, and 32 inch Goodyear Wrangler tires. The second generation Xterra was immediately embraced by SUV enthusiasts and automotive critics, and the Off-Road model was hailed by the 4x4 community as a major breakthrough in SUV four wheeling capability. The rugged trail ready Xterra won industry recognition with the most prestigious awards like Motor Trend magazine's Sport/Utility of the Year for the second time in 2005 (first time was 2000), and the 4x4 of the Year award from Peterson's 4-Wheel and Off-Road magazine in 2006.

The Xterra is a very different vehicle from the lame Liberty, redesigned body style or not, the capability of the Xterra OFFROAD on the trail far surpasses the Jeep Liberty in any configuration.

I've had four 4x4 sport utility vehicles; 1979 Ford Bronco, 1980 International Harvester Scout II, 1997 Jeep Cherokee Sport, and my 2005 Nissan Xterra OFFROAD, each having their own strengths and weakness on the highway and the trail. I can honestly say that my Xterra has satisfied me more than any vehicle I've ever owned, and have a difficult time imagining ever driving anything else.

Here are a few modified second geneneration Xterras.

I rest my friggin case your honor!!!

05 OR, Titan M205, Pathy V8 axles, custom rear DS, ARB locker, Superior Axle 4.10 gears, 5" Calmini, 2.5" extended front & rear Radflos, PRG UCA, 7" Alcan leaf springs w/ Orbit Eye bushings & shackles, u-bolt flip kit, 16x8 Pro Comp 6089, 315/75/R16 Nitto Mud Grapplers, Doug Thorely headers & exhaust, Volant CAI, Superchips tuner, PIA 550, Die Hard Platinum 34/78DT , SB XRC10 winch, Shrockworks sliders/bumpers/skids

Last edited by LA RANA; 09-25-2009 at 06:59 PM.
2005 Xterra