Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Installed Flowmaster Super 44 Off Road-Muffler. Video Attached.

15K views 32 replies 17 participants last post by  skiertriplex 
#1 · (Edited)
I just had the Flowmaster Super 44 Off-Road Edition Muffler installed and finished off with a chrome tip taken off a stock Denali. Hope you like! I paid $135 installed.

MUFFLER

REAR VIEW

CLICK TO PLAY

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks. It's sounds really good in person. It's deep and sounds mean. The video does no justice for how it truly sounds. I'm really happy with it. Thanks again.

#5 ·
Nice! I had one on the X that I just sold and will probably be adding one to this one very soon!

#7 ·
That looks cool. Is it supposed to be more durable than the stock muffler? What is it made out of, plain steel? Stainless?
It is made out of Aluminized Steel and has a Diamond Plate Casing. It is definitely more durable than the stock muffler. Also, since its the off-road edition, its suppose to be more durable than the regular series mufflers.

#10 ·
That sounds great. Looks like I'll be adding that to my list!
It's a great exhaust. My X is also supercharged, therefore, you were able to get a pretty good idea of what it will sound like. Trust me, you will not be disappointed!

#11 ·
It's a great exhaust. My X is also supercharged, therefore, you were able to get a pretty good idea of what it will sound like. Trust me, you will not be disappointed!
I've been looking into getting a new exhaust anyways. My only concern has been that it will sound too ricey or obnoxiously loud. I've torn between a muffler swap or a nismo system, so after hearing yours I think the swap is the way to go. Plus it's significantly cheaper!

#12 ·
I've been looking into getting a new exhaust anyways. My only concern has been that it will sound too ricey or obnoxiously loud. I've torn between a muffler swap or a nismo system, so after hearing yours I think the swap is the way to go. Plus it's significantly cheaper!
The Nismo is RICEY! I have run mine with stock manifolds.....ricey, Nismo and AC headers.........bookshelf wing, metal flake gold Civic, slammed on the ground, SUPER RICEY! I had to cut off the Nismo muffler and install a Flowmaster 50 to make it tolerable and I just ordered a core baffle to install behind the Y pipe to make it better. If you don't want ricey I'd stay away from the Nismo. It's only really bad between 2800 to 3200 rpm, outside of that range it sounds like a V6 with headers.

#14 ·
Muffler swap FTW!
I have put aftermarket mufflers on all my previous vehicles and I never thought it was worth paying for a full catback system when you can do a muffler swap for a third of the cost, if that. Muffler swaps are the way to go. The muffler shop where I get all my work done let me hear three different mufflers before he welded one on. I was able to listen to the Borla Pro-XS, a Maganflow and the Flowmaster Super 44 muffler. The Borla and Magnaflow were nearly identical in sound, however, the magnaflow had a slight louder tone to it. But, the Flowmaster sounded the best. It had a nice deep rumble tone, not ricey at all and not loud at all in the cab. Flowmasters sounds the best with our superchargers!

#15 ·
Should have gotten video of all those mufflers lol. I had 40 series on my silverado and I was thinking about getting another one. But I have heard some v6's with mufflers and almost all of them sounded like sh;t and most of the ones I've heard on youtube and what not are not stock, usually they have cai or headers or something else.

#16 ·
I wish I thought of recording all the mufflers. That would have been great. Your are right in regards to most of the videos posted are non-stock X's. Thats why I had a very hard time deciding which muffler to go with. I was fortunate to have a good muffler guy that was willing wo throw all my options up there before I made a mistake. The video I posted doesnt sound 100% of what it truly sounds like in real life. So far I have been very happy with the Super 44. It sounds really good. Howerver, my X is supercharged with a K&N drop-in.

#18 ·
#19 ·
i have the same exhaust, it sounds a lot deeper in person than the video. and the diamond plate is supposed to "armor" the muffler i suppose, but i don't know how something could get to it. it looks good though

#20 ·
Well, two weeks ago I picked up a Super 44 from Advanced Auto Parts and had a local shop install it, they have a mandrel bender which is the t!ts. For some reason my 'Super 44' doesn't have the diamond plate.

#22 ·
Sounds Deep in the video ... do you have a before video too?? I want an exhaust but it makes me nervous
Unfortunately, I don't have a before video. Trust me, you will be very happy with a Super 44 series. Like I posted earlier, I was able to listen to all three brands of mufflers and the Flowmaster sounded the best. I would rate it Flowmaster, Magnaflow then Borla. But, exhaust are all personal preference, so see if your shop will allow you to listen to other mufflers before they weld it on....good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

#23 · (Edited)
is that just a muffler or is it a whole system?
never mind I just read the rest of the thread and answered my own question. I will be getting one of those.

#24 ·
is that just a muffler or is it a whole system?
never mind I just read the rest of the thread and answered my own question. I will be getting one of those.
You wont be disappointed!

#25 ·
Where did you get that installed? Was it a chain or a local shop. I got a quote from a local shop and they said it would be $210 installed or $100 if I provide the muffler. Any suggestions on places to look at?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.