Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Fishing Pole Set up

8K views 37 replies 18 participants last post by  NoWhining 
#1 ·
I was going fishing the other day and i member seeing this some where so i used my dads cords and did this:

the back on wont stretch all the way but the middle one did.. ANY suggestions?

See less See more
#2 ·
Buy a large diameter PVC tube (like 4" or bigger) and 2 end caps. Cut the tube to the length you want to cover your rods. Then mount it to your roof rack. It's protected from the elements that way and easy to take on and take off if you don't want to keep it on all the time.

I want to say Kyle (iExploreX) has a rod mount on his but I could be mistaken.

#4 ·
HAs any one ever seen the ready made ones that attath to the front or rear of ur truck/suv

#5 ·
I have seen ones that attach to your trailer hitch it was in a quadratech catalog..

#6 ·
SOME THING LIKE THIS!

#7 ·
yep exactly!

#8 ·
OK ive decided to make my own..i dont want it on the rook rack tho...either up front which i prefer or in the rear.. NOW i would like it to be detachable when i dont need it..

any ideas? im thinkin something with pvc pipping as drake was saying

#9 ·
well how good are you at building stuff?? I have an idea.... let me draw it in paint lol...

#10 ·

#11 ·
im ok i guess..good drawing..i just dont get the V shaped brackests

#13 ·
pops thats exactly what i was thinkin..the front lisence plate..now i just have to take a look at this

#15 ·
the part that came to mind if my parents used to have gone of those strap on cargo boxes that goes on the roof and there was some brackets shaped like a "V" that hooked onto the rain gutters of the car before you tightened the straps..

#16 ·
pops another thing is i would like mine to come on and off when i dont need it..i dont really want it to be permanant, u think there is anything to do that?

#17 ·
thers this one too but i dont like this AT ALL

#19 ·
haha yea only when i go fishing i would strap it on and when im done i would take it off

#20 ·
#21 ·
i dont want a hump on top of the x lol..plus that mpg down

#22 ·
pops another thing is i would like mine to come on and off when i dont need it..i dont really want it to be permanant, u think there is anything to do that?
You just bolt it onto your front plate holder like a license plate would attach then unscrew it off whne you're done.

yall keep in mind that the one on that jeep is made for while you are fishing not for driving down the road....
I wouldn't hesitate to drive down the road with it just by adding a bungee cord or two.

#23 ·
Carabiners on the O-shat handles and to the coat hangers

#24 ·
pops i looked and i dont have front lisence plate thing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.