Nissan XTerra Forum banner

New t-bars with pml?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  robcarync 
#1 · (Edited)
I did some searching before posting this, but i couldnt really find exactly what i needed. I am going to be doing a pml for sure this winter on my break from school and i'm thinking i will need new t-bars. My reasoning for this is, 1.) i have adjusted my t-bars once before to level the front, and my bumpstop gap is already at .5". 2.) I have an ARB front bumper and i think the added weight sags the front down some already. So, my question is if i buy new sway bars (sway-away, AC or calmini) will i be able to definitely get a leveled pml? I just want to make sure i have a level pml, and im pretty sure the new t-bars will do this right? Also, ive read that the sway-aways ride a little bit stiffer than the calmini and AC bars because of the 30% vs. 20% spring rate, but what kind of experience have you all had with these t-bars? Any input would be appreciated!

#2 ·
#4 ·
lbishop is on the money, you need upper control arms. The tbars will do nothing to give you more bumpstop gap.

#5 ·
alright, so basically new t-bars wont solve anything, i just gotta get new uca's. Makes sense now, thanks for the help.

#6 ·
Hi everyone. I hope I'm not stepping on this thread, but the Calmini UCAs are part of a 3" suspension lift kit that they sell. It contains a bunch of stuff...leafs, ball joints, UCAs, and new torsion bars that are said to "smooth out the ride."

I have a PML with low-profile bump stops and the ride crashes over every bump. It sounds like the TBs are cranked too much, for sure. I would like to upgrade. Will the Calmini 3" lift kit really make the ride smoother? Thanks for any and all advice, and sorry for asking a question that has probably been answered 1000 times already.

Drew
Honduras

#7 ·
Hi everyone. I hope I'm not stepping on this thread, but the Calmini UCAs are part of a 3" suspension lift kit that they sell. It contains a bunch of stuff...leafs, ball joints, UCAs, and new torsion bars that are said to "smooth out the ride."

I have a PML with low-profile bump stops and the ride crashes over every bump. It sounds like the TBs are cranked too much, for sure. I would like to upgrade. Will the Calmini 3" lift kit really make the ride smoother? Thanks for any and all advice, and sorry for asking a question that has probably been answered 1000 times already.

Drew
Honduras
It would IF the rough ride is caused by the UCAs hitting the bump stop! The UCAs don't do anything specfically to "smooth" the ride. They are just a big chunk of welded metal. The aftermarket UCAs are narrower to allow a bigger gap between the bump stop. Thus...if you crank your Torsion bars too much so that they hit the bump stops, then replace the UCAs with a narrower arm, you have now have a bump stop gap at the same torsion bar position. If you added low profile bump stops, and still have a gap between them and your stock UCAs, getting new UCAs will not improve the ride quality...they will just give you an even bigger gap between your UCAs and bumps tops!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.