Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Atlanta checking in

2K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  iwashmycar 
#1 ·
Hi all,
Just purchased an '01 2wd v6 today. Former rigs are an '07 fj cruiser 4x4 & an '07 tundra crewmax limited. Picked up my xterra for a great deal though and needed to financially downgrade. Looking forward to learning more about these rigs.

#9 ·
Welcome to the club the both of you.

Yes Daymond it is bad etiquette. How would you feel if your X was stalling and you were trying to seek help and someone randomly.

Hmm I am buying a Cobra CB. How do I put it in. What are the best models other than the cobra... etc... and just jacks the thread, o,o

We got plenty more room for new thread and tons of old threads you can find maybe answering your question. ^_^

#11 ·
Its ight man, noob mistake I did some noob mistakes when I signed up at the beginning of the year

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#14 ·
Yea, Thats Ok Daymond that is all good and well. Dont misunderstand. We love when people give shout outs and meet up.

"what are yall's thoughts on CB radios?" This is what we are talking about. Its like if you walked up to a group of freinds discussing Where they live.

"I live in Northern NC...."
"I live in Charlotte..."
"I live at the beach. its very nice out there. In wilmington come down and see me.."
"Yo what do you guys think of Lifts; Suspension or Body?"

Now my question to you Daymond Which question is out of place o.o.

@Taj I noticed you had two previous 4x4's what made you get a 2WD Xterra? Why not hold out for a 4x4?

How was the FJ? Was its visibility really as bad as everyone says it is?

#15 ·
Hey Shifting,
The FJ cruiser was the best 4x4 I've ever owned. Visually, performance wise, maintenance it's a 10. I keep pictures of it at tajandhiscars.com. I think I have pictures of my tundra there too. I don't have pictures of my Audi on there yet.

I bought the 2wd because the price was unbelievable and because I never go offroading. I always think I will go, but never do.

#19 ·
Welcome. Was definitely a clean FJ! I like the color-matched roof. I've got an '07 myself.
I lucked up on the opportunity to get the roof matched. My wife got into an accident with herself in a parking deck which required me to take it to a bodyshop. I ended up paying less than $500 more to have the roof blended.

So you have an fj too? Have you ever thrown your fj factory wheels on your xterra to see how they look?

#20 ·
I have not. I almost did before I sold a set off of it. The FJ uses those shanked lug nuts which make the holes in the rims very large... I did not feel very comfortable using the puny XTerra acorn-style lug nuts to hold them on, though I did sell them to a guy who was going to put them on an XTerra (so he claimed). He never sent me the pics like he said he would :(

Maybe some day I will try it out. The tires I had on them were probably a bit too large for an XTerra as well.... Same with my newer TRD FJ wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.