Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Just got my second Xterra...

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Tarditi 
#1 · (Edited)
I've had a Red Xterra since 2004 and loved it. Only have 50K miles on it and it's running great, but I've decided to get a newer one.
I'm trading up to a midnight blue 2008 model with 24K miles.
It's still in the shop getting leather done before I take delivery.
I've ordered upholstery in leather to match the two-tone color scheme that came with it - light gray with dark gray accents. Should look awesome.

I also need to get a fog light kit. When I take delivery I'll check with my local repair guy about what he can do. If I have questions I'll check back here for my best options. At this point I'm assuming that the car is wired for fog and it will be easy to install lamps and a new stalk. But I'll see. I've seen kits for $300+, but I'm pretty sure I can get things for much less than that.

The new X is S type, one owner, 24K miles, midnight blue, no fog lights, with 2" [?] receiver hitch.
I love the new features since 2004: Split seats, Electronic 4wd switch, wider cabin, better dash layout.
The leather seats I'm adding will be much better for my allergies, and stylish and comfortable too.

The 2004 X was S type, Red with Fog, no hitch. I put only 50K miles since I've lived here in OR.

My simple requirements must seem pretty pedestrian for you off-roader folks, but it's nice to find a community to answer my questions about my new X. Thanks for having a great community.

ww

See less See more
#2 ·
Midnight blue, that's such a great color on the X! Welcome to the club! :biggrin:

As far as the fog lights go, it's going to be a lot cheaper to buy replacement type housings off of either an ebay or amazon vendor, you can usually find a pair for less than $100. If the wiring exists then awesome, if not you can wire it to a rocker switch and get a fuse relay for it and still end up being right at $100.

Be sure and share a pic of the X once you get it with the leather and everything :biggrin:

#3 ·
Welcome to the club!

Lol, I remember when i first bought mine it used to be that cool midnight blue color.

Hey btw, tell them you want to keep all the original interior pieces that they swapped out when they put in your leather. I'm actually looking for a full set of OEM grey cloth seat skins for a 2nd gen.

Let me know, I'm very interested.

#4 ·
The ~$300 kit includes the lights, brackets, and new turn signal stalk (switch). If you're going for a factory look, it's really not too expensive of a proposition considering what you get. You can certainly get lights cheaper and come up with some way to mount/wire/switch them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.