keyless entry/alarm [Archive] - Nissan Xterra Forum

: keyless entry/alarm

tameroflions
07-06-2008, 04:16 PM
ok, so when i bought my truck, it came with a CRAPPY keyless entry and car alarm. i would walk up to my car and the alarm would go off and then the clicker would decide to not work. then i would try to use my key to unlock it, and it would then keep going off. i eventually just got it ripped out.
now there are a lot of people stealing stuff from cars in my hood recently, so i need to get a new system. anyone got any reccomendations or things to stay away from?
i realize i could just buy one, but i prefer to have input from other people first. i feel safer. and i trust yall.

k1w1t1m
07-06-2008, 05:42 PM
Did your Xterra not come with the factory alarm? Sorry, I have been happy with the factory alarm so I haven't looked at alternatives.

json3904
07-06-2008, 05:56 PM
when someone tried to steal my system out of mine the factory system scared them away... the factory one has window sensors and all i was really impressed by it....

Ehsan
07-06-2008, 06:53 PM
yea bro im doing crimestopper..i had it in my camry and now am putting it into my X. great 2 way alarm..pages me when the alarm is going off of a knock is made

TN4x4Xterra
07-06-2008, 08:18 PM
yea bro im doing crimestopper..i had it in my camry and now am putting it into my X. great 2 way alarm..pages me when the alarm is going off of a knock is made

Bet thats pricey alarm there, how much that run ya and do you have to pay a monthly fee for the pager?

Ehsan
07-06-2008, 09:07 PM
haha no no nothing like that... the pager is a monthly thing..its just a radio wave that gets sent to it...but it doesnt go to to far.. like it will go thru buildings too. but its not pricey i got it for 200 installed... and that was at a shop... go on crimestopper.com and take a look.then go to ebay and see prices..let me kno so i can tell u

tameroflions
07-07-2008, 10:28 AM
what if i dont have a pager? i really dont think i need somethig that beefy. when im worried about it getting broken into, its in my driveway, and i could hear it from there, i dont need it paged to me.
i really just want a better system than the one i have now with a remote clicker thing so i can open it w/out the key. BUT one that one flip out if for some reason i do open it w/ the key

Ehsan
07-07-2008, 10:34 AM
SHIT I MEANT ITS NOT A MONTLY THING!

its just something extra..
this is a real good system..let me eat my lunch and ill lay it out for u

Ehsan
07-07-2008, 10:42 AM
http://www.crimestopper.com/images/CS-2004DP2-TW2.black.jpg
ok check this out...the good things about this is . u adjust the sensitvity level on my carmy it was high as shit cuz i had 3000 worth audio and video.. anywho...if there is something felt the car will make a small siren sound warning the person...and ur pager vibrtes and chirps once and glows orange...now if they hit it real hard or try to do something then it will go off red and vibrate alot and the alarm is real loud.. its comes with 2 remotes... one is a normal one...i love the 2 way..and the screen lets u kno if u really did lock ur car or not..regular remotes can be in ur pocket and get bumped around and unlocked but if u look at the screen u wil kno if it is or it is not... any other questions?

Ehsan
07-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Its actually this one:
http://www.crimestopper.com/images/CS2000DP2%20tw2%20black.jpg

SECURITY FEATURES:

2-Way FM/FM Pager Remote with Enhanced Range.
Enhanced Red and Blue LED Backlighting.
New Chrome FM SideKick 4-Button 1-Way Transmitter.
LCD Graphics and Real Time Page Back Confirmation of Alarm Status.
Built in Clock.
“CoolFlash” Blue LED Flashlight.
Dynamic Code Protection (Anti-Code Grabbing)
Code Learning Receiver.
Electronic "Dual Stage" Shock Protection (Plug-In Design).
Alarm Pre-Warning Signal
On-Board Relay for Flashing Lights.
Audible & Visual Arm/Disarm with Intrusion Alert.
Programmable Carjack Protection.
Programmable Vehicle Horn Output.
Remote Panic Protection.
6 Tone 125db Electronic Siren.
Passive Door Locks (Programmable)
CONVENIENCE & VALUE ADDED FEATURES:

DP II Technology: 2-Way Data Port allows for Direct Plug-In Data Modules.
Remote Keyless Entry
Silent Arm/Disarm Through the Remote
(2) Remote Auxiliary Outputs
Auto Lock/Unlock through Vehicles ignition
Double Unlock Pulse ( Programmable Feature for Factory Interface )
1 or 3 Second Door Lock Pulse ( Programmable )
(2) Vehicle Operation
Dome Light Illumination
Programmable Arm/Disarm Chirps
Uses Standard AAA Battery.
Transferable Limited Lifetime Warranty
15 Programmable Options.

Jdubbau02
07-07-2008, 10:44 AM
what is the other remote for??? is it just a spare?

Ehsan
07-07-2008, 10:50 AM
spare.. Lets say u have another veichle..if it has a crimestopper in it also.. u can use 1 remotes for both cars...pretty cool..

And daniel were u looking for remote start or u dont care?

json3904
07-07-2008, 12:04 PM
i am going to get a remot start for my wife's sentra one of these days.. LOL

Ehsan
07-07-2008, 12:06 PM
i thought about one for a manual car but then sometimes i get scared to do it.. cuz lets say i forget to leave it out of gear

tameroflions
07-07-2008, 05:54 PM
naw dude, no need for remote start. that system looks incredible. how much was just the system? i really dont know that i need anything that intense. i was looking to spend more about a hundred bucks.
you sound really into that system htough. are you a salesman, youre convincing me.

json3904
07-07-2008, 07:12 PM
look on ebay... there are many there around your price range

Ehsan
07-07-2008, 09:36 PM
bro i paid 200 for mine cuz he was kinda my friend i guess u can say and i thought i was getting a good deal...they have them on ebay for CHEAP bro! IM at home right now when i get into the office tommrow mornin i will sent u exact links u can take a llook at

Duke
07-08-2008, 07:50 AM
Get the beeper. Nothing better then catching them!
Putting the old 9 in the back of their head feels great.
I know,hardass. But I hate people who steal.

tameroflions
07-08-2008, 11:36 AM
haha, im more of a baseball bat kinda guy.

Ehsan
07-08-2008, 11:37 AM
hey did u decide on whatu wanna do..or u got it figured out?

cbzdel
07-08-2008, 12:18 PM
when someone tried to steal my system out of mine the factory system scared them away... the factory one has window sensors and all i was really impressed by it....

what kind of protection does the stock system offer??

tameroflions
07-08-2008, 02:08 PM
man, i havent even had time to do any research on the subject, i was hoping someone would give me one that everyone knew about, id go find it on some website and hit buy
no such luck. but im liking yours so far, i just really dont know that i need the beeper and all that.
when i get a chance, ill look into and and ill let yall know what i do.
thanks for the help, and im still open to suggestions if anyone feels like adding.

Xterra Mike
07-08-2008, 02:13 PM

Wait, your telling my my Factory alarm has window sensors? So when i bang on my X it should go off??? How did i not know this???

Ehsan
07-08-2008, 02:15 PM
sensitvity level is prob really low

Xterra Mike
07-08-2008, 02:24 PM
sensitvity level is prob really low

can it be adjusted???

Ehsan
07-08-2008, 02:40 PM
im not sure about factory systems...i kno after markets have them

JaXTerra
07-09-2008, 02:00 PM
OK when I got my truck it didn't have any remotes, so I went w/ the most reliable and my most trusted, The viper keyless entry and alarm system. If someone slightly bumps your truck it will sound off loudly! Also it costs only about $100 installed.

json3904
07-09-2008, 07:20 PM
the alarm went off when the window was broken... and it will also go off if you try to unlock the door from inside after you lock it... and the security light goes off....

Ehsan
07-09-2008, 07:26 PM
NOW KEEP IN MIND veichles have a panic that comes with the car and a alarm system

like my dads van wont go off even if u break into it..but on his remote he has a button to make the alarm go off! but its not a alarm system

json3904
07-09-2008, 07:54 PM
that wasent the case for me.. LOL

tameroflions
07-09-2008, 07:55 PM
im liking the sound of that viper one a bit better. really dont want it that sensitive tho. it can be adjusted tho, i assume.

Ehsan
07-09-2008, 07:58 PM
yes it sure can.. viper is good but same shit as crimestopper but more expensive, thats why i went with crimestopper..check out the prices onlein

Ehsan
07-09-2008, 07:59 PM
ooh and i just to throw a acorn onto my car and it would make a chirp to back away if it happens again then it goes off, and jason its prob becasuse u have the facotry system not just a panic

kuyaariel
09-18-2008, 01:20 PM
What if you don't have power locks? Does this include the actuators so that I can make it remote keyless entry? Thanks

Ehsan
09-18-2008, 02:02 PM
actuaotrs are only $30 to $50 , just depends on where u get em.. plus an alarm